Conversation, Inc. supports independent mentors in their engagement with the homeless, where they teach basic life skills, act as a logistical resource, and improve morale by regular human engagement.
Conversation, Inc. is committed to fighting homelessness in the greater Minneapolis area through one-on-one relationships. We believe giving homeless populations a human experience and genuine connection leads to stability and prosperity in their own life. Furthermore, we stand that a single conversation has lasting influence and the power to change someone’s life for the better.
We enable mentors with training and financial support
- Basic safety training
- Best practices for introductions
- How to navigate a conversation and psychology of motivation
- List of connections and available resources
- Compensation for meal expenses when meeting with mentees (up to $20)
- Provision of books, journals, and educational items to be given out by mentors